Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F Analog Distance Sensor
- Category : Robotics And Electronics
- Sub Category : Sensor & Modules
- Status : In Stock
The GP2Y0A21 Sharp distance sensor is a great way to add obstacle avoidance or motion sensing to your robot or any other project. With a detection range of 4″ to 32″ (10 cm to 80 cm) and an analog voltage indicating the distance, this sensor is very easy to use.
The Sharp distance sensors are a popular choice for many projects that require accurate distance measurements. This IR sensor is more economical than sonar rangefinders, yet it provides much better performance than other IR alternatives. Interfacing to most microcontrollers is straightforward: the single analog output can be connected to an analog-to-digital converter for taking distance measurements, or the output can be connected to a comparator for threshold detection. The detection range of this version is approximately 10 cm to 80 cm (4″ to 32″).
- Operating voltage: 4.5 V to 5.5 V
- Average current consumption: 30 mA (note: this sensor draws current in large, short bursts, and the manufacturer recommends putting a 10 µF capacitor or larger across power and ground close to the sensor to stabilize the power supply line)
- Distance measuring range: 10 cm to 80 cm (4″ to 32″)
- Output type: analog voltage
- Output voltage differential over distance range: 1.9 V (typical)
- Update period: 38 ± 10 ms
- Size: 44.5 mm × 18.9 mm × 13.5 mm (1.75″ × 0.75″ × 0.53″)
- Weight: 3.5 g (0.12 oz)